Discus vs African Peacocks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
True I would never get a fish on price alone but one of my fish shops cant tell there is a 400% difference in price between a standard blue and say an samori colour so I love to take advantage of this

I know haha. I'm just so attached to my discus. They really are my babies. They'll eat out of my hand and come near my hand whenever it's in the tank. They have such personality!

Both are extremely intelligent fish. My tap water is perfect for africans being hard and alkaline. Discus need soft acidic water... So if i want to keep discus ill have to install an r/o unit. With africans i wont. Decisions mmm hmmm

Both are extremely intelligent fish. My tap water is perfect for africans being hard and alkaline. Discus need soft acidic water... So if i want to keep discus ill have to install an r/o unit. With africans i wont. Decisions mmm hmmm

Good point!

It's all about personal preference. What do you want, or are leaning towards. Getting others opinions is all good, but what it comes down to is what do you want?

Personally I love cichlids, and can't have enough of them.

It's all about personal preference. What do you want, or are leaning towards. Getting others opinions is all good, but what it comes down to is what do you want?

Personally I love cichlids, and can't have enough of them.

I really like the look of them both, But seen as though that isnt going to happen anytime soon i dont know:( Ill think it over the next few days.

discus always although i have some yellow banded tropheus in a 5ft tank. but i also have discus. good filter and stable water parameters anyone can keep discus

Back
Top Bottom