DIY Pond questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Origamgam

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,
Sorry I don't have a pond to show but I'm thinking about making a DIY but my questions are

1. Would I be able to use wood and a tarp for a liner?

2. What would be better above ground or in ground? ( I live in Florida so it doesn't get that cold)

3. What are some good fish to put in there?

Hi,
Sorry I don't have a pond to show but I'm thinking about making a DIY but my questions are

1. Would I be able to use wood and a tarp for a liner?

2. What would be better above ground or in ground? ( I live in Florida so it doesn't get that cold)

3. What are some good fish to put in there?

1. No, don't use a tarp, the ones I can think of don't hold water well and probably have chemicals in them. Save your money and buy a liner. Very worth it, they last you forever.

2. Its what you like. In ground is good because in the winter only the surface freezes thus letting certain fish, like gold fish to stay in year long. I like above ground because it is easier to access to clean. I believe gold fish can stay in an above ground in the winter, but the ice is thicker on the pond.

3. I would put some common gold fish for a beginner. Because they thrive in a pond, they'll last you for years. You can't put Koi in it unless its very large.

Back
Top Bottom