Do i need to quarantine or is this normal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squiffy

Aquarium Advice Activist
10 gallon tank, Tetra 20i filter, ammonia:0
Nitrite:0
Nitrate:20
Tank mates: 4 other danios, 4 ghost shrimp, 2 mystery snails, and a handful of fry (either platy or danio, the jury is still out on that one)
Tank age: 3 months

I have no idea how to upload a video or a gif. Here is a link to a gif of my danio. Http://makeagif.com/i/wS_L53

I hope that works. He had been doing this all day, only stops to eat. If the link doesn't work, my danio is sitting by the bubbler kind of twitching/making sporadic movements. The rest of the aquarium is healthy. This just started today.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Update: turned the lights off and now he's schooling with the rest of the danios. Could the light be bothering him?

Turning the lights can be very helpful when a fish is stressed. It is also good to keep the lights off for a little while after a big water change and after medicating.

Could also be needing more oxygen if it is by the bubbler. Turning off the lights may have slightly increased the oxygen?

I quarantined him because he started doing that while the lights were off. I'd rather be on the safe side.

Back
Top Bottom