does garlic harm fish or coral....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smarkalan83

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a blue hippo tang that is about 6 inches and just the other day she started to get ich...I soaked the fish food In garlic and the ich seems to be going away with the copper free medicine I dosed also....my concern is now 1 day after I fed more garlic my denial corals which have been spreading and doing very good are now looking like they are melting...they are now a darker blue color ...are they dying and also I see my copperband butterfly is dead also...which my serpent star is eating all that's left are bones.....is this because of the garlic or is it a coincidence....thanks for the help

it's not because of garlic. what size tank is this? how long have you had the copperbanded butterfly? did you see it eat?

I would see him swim around the food and I would see him pick at food landing on the rocks but definately didn't go crazy like my other fish....do you think the xenia is melting from the kick-ich I used....I just don't know why it happened all ay same time

the copper banded most likely starved to death. it takes a month or two.
it's super hard to get them to eat prepared foods.
i don't know for sure if that chemical you used killed off your coral. i would be doing large water changes to remove it.
ich usually doesn't surface after the fish have been in the tank for a while unless something stressed them. what are your parameters?

Back
Top Bottom