Donating Plasma for fish money?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FMJnaX said:
You know, we're moving just around the corner from you... and we have two small kids (3 and 18 months). My wife is thinking of getting a job so perhaps there would be a babysitting opportunity there. :wink:

Now THAT sounds like a plan!

I'm really going to have to think about this one. If anything.. I might donate once or twice a month- nothing too serious- for a little spare cash for christmas. But a babysitting gig would be way better =o)

Toona said:
Well donating plasma in it's self is not bad actually quite a good thing to do. But it will leave scarring and will start to hurt after you do iy for a while cause of the scar tissue build up.

Rubbish...I have been donating plasma and platelets a couple of times a month for 20 years, and my arms and veins are smooth and pristine...and never any pain at all. According to the people who run the pheresis department of the national blood services here, if you have scarring or pain, either you should not be donating, or the technicians are incompetant.

Toirtis said:
Rubbish...I have been donating plasma and platelets a couple of times a month for 20 years, and my arms and veins are smooth and pristine...and never any pain at all. According to the people who run the pheresis department of the national blood services here, if you have scarring or pain, either you should not be donating, or the technicians are incompetant.

I agree, i give blood regularly and am never scarred, Plasma is essential the same except they put what they dont' want back in. (RBC's)

AshleyNicole said:
Ummm raisins aren't all you need. Try to bulk up on some nece dark green leafy vegetables (Greens and spinache are great for iron) And take a multivitamine with Iron in it. Eat good protein sources and eat your fruits and veggies to bring your Iron up.
Thanks, but raisins made the best visual ;)

Menagerie said:
AshleyNicole said:
Ummm raisins aren't all you need. Try to bulk up on some nece dark green leafy vegetables (Greens and spinache are great for iron) And take a multivitamine with Iron in it. Eat good protein sources and eat your fruits and veggies to bring your Iron up.
Thanks, but raisins made the best visual ;)

Just go with loads of liver and spinach. :wink:

Have you ever thought of selling some of your fish stuff? ie: old filters, tanks, lids,nets, medicines etc, or maybe raising some fry and selling it? You could sell plants if you have some that reproduce readily. Or maybe go find some driftwood from the creek, prepare it, attach plants and moss, and sell it? I know that at my lfs planted ready-made driftwoods always go for a higher price than normal.

Blucat said:
Have you ever thought of selling some of your fish stuff? ie: old filters, tanks, lids,nets, medicines etc, or maybe raising some fry and selling it? You could sell plants if you have some that reproduce readily. Or maybe go find some driftwood from the creek, prepare it, attach plants and moss, and sell it? I know that at my lfs planted ready-made driftwoods always go for a higher price than normal.

aquabid.com :D

I have tons of fish stuff that I don't even know what they do. I thought about selling them but I wouldn't know how much to sell them for.. nor would I be able to even give them a name or description =o)

Selling plants is a possibility

Also, I emailed the person on ebay who is selling the tank I want.. and I said if they didn't find a buyer that I would buy it for $200 (as opposed to $400) so maybe that would work out.

1. I live in a small college town where the only job you can get is to sell your soul to "Vacation, Tours and Travel" trying to sell old people over priced vacation packages over the phone.
2. I am a full time student. I am also a science major which means numerous labs, random hours, and if I did find a steady, part time job... I could only work like 1 maybe 2 days a week because on top of school, I have to go to local HS to observe classes for 20 hours this semester.
3. I live in the DFW metroplex, and as a lot of people know, the majority of the evacuees from New Orleans ended up here... and many are staying here... which means the job market is even smaller.

and that, my friend, is why I don't have a job =o)

U know that there are actually true survey sites on the net that are not scams, in which they pay u a little bit. There was a whole news story on aussie tv about it, ppl doing online surveys and atually getting paid for it. Maybe find one, sign up and spend half an hr a night or something doing them.

The only problem with the survey sites, IME, is if you are not on top of things, the paid surveys are closed/filled quickly. They do pay, but you often find yourself wasting time just seeing if you are qualified for the survey and may of the sites that used to be great now give "points" instead of cash. I wasted a ton of time while I was unable to get a job in Canada looking for ways to make $$ on the internet.

lyquidphyre, I totally understand the place you are in. As a biology major (not education), you end up with the screwiest of schedules. I worked my butt off in the summers and over winter break to make money for the school year and then volunteered at a vet clinic to get experience--they couldn't fire me if I needed to study and couldn't come in! You already know my answer for "job" but if you just need pocket money and want to help the people around you babysitting and donating plasma is the way to go.

I would look around for some good deals online, or look at a used aquarium perhaps.

Back
Top Bottom