Doug's 105 rimless build and diary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well, you made me nervous so I put it up pretty high on the rock, and also tore off a few vermetid snails that were too close to the mantle. we'll see. meanwhile, I have acropora just above the sand bed that I'm willing to sacrifice.....

well, you made me nervous so I put it up pretty high on the rock, and also tore off a few vermetid snails that were too close to the mantle. we'll see. meanwhile, I have acropora just above the sand bed that I'm willing to sacrifice.....

Best way to rid vermitid snails is just pull them off? Can you superglue their holes shut?

I used a pair of pliers and kind of crushed them off. Would you rather be trapped and smothered/starved over time or just crushed in a quick second?

I had the large ones I superglued shut. Months later, I accidentally broke one off when working in the tank. Couldn't let it in there to rot, but the smell was just awful. I'm going to break off in the future if I can get the piece out.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I had no problem with it until I noticed its stringy slime was making a row of polyps on my hammer retracted. Was going to see how it pans out but was wondering a back up plan in case it needs to go...

So, I was cleaning out one of the sumps and came across this molt...
img_3196994_0_7674957a51be99523351ef064dddad2c.jpg

This crab came off of an acropora colony a long while ago when it was about the size of a pencil eraser.

On another note, my 6 fish additions are doing very well. No signs of disease and aggression is minimal, though, pictures are a problem thus far. Here's one of the Anthias though-
img_3196994_1_446868afae03b8b6e0657b2891dc0e57.jpg

Such a beautiful anthias. Really great choice. Looking good as always.
Have you seen the crab around besides the molt?

Whoa..... There's a big crab in there somewhere.,prob a great thing to have if a fish died ., looks like it'll make short work of the carcass

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Looks like that crab has been doing well! That anthias is such a pretty fish! How big to those get?

Nice anthias man, id love to get one of them but they are too rich for my blood.

Live Aquaria says 6", so we'll see. he's barely 1.5" now!
No Hank, I searched for the crab but he's either good at hiding, or that wasn't a molt. I do add that sump into my feeding regimen now, just in case.
Just a FYI-
Large Protein Skimmer BM 180 EX

I saw a total badazz skimmer I want and am going to see if I can pull it off...

Which one? I'm running a pair of skimmers too but haven't found anything I thought was worth the money.

That 220 is a fine looking skimmer. Looks like laboratory equipment. The foaming pump is internal? Let me know how you like it. I'm saving up money for this.

It's not a skimmer. Called the Wilga and I want it for our grass runway. If it flies, I'm all over it. My main passion in life.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428263216.256639.jpg

Last edited:
If I can sell my Red Sea and Hydror skimmers I'll get one of those, looks deluxe.
I just listed mine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom