Doug's 105 rimless build and diary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They grow very quickly too. This one is about 8" already. An awesome addition though...it's like having an eel, but no (very little) predatory instinct.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429036851.519981.jpg I had a full grown pair for quite a while. He eventually killed his partner. They don't seem to live as long as other fish I have owned. Model citizens, they just hated each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes, I also had one that grew to adulthood, then died after about 5 years, just like that- eating fine one day and no where to be found the next. The only way I knew he was dead was the nutrient spike.

They grow very quickly too. This one is about 8" already. An awesome addition though...it's like having an eel, but no (very little) predatory instinct.
Very cool, and that's a great comparison (the eel).
View attachment 270049 I had a full grown pair for quite a while. He eventually killed his partner. They don't seem to live as long as other fish I have owned. Model citizens, they just hated each other.

Great picture, Greg. They look huge!

Get in contact with bill wann doug iv seen he is making a lot of custom calcium reactors lately surely a skimmer would be easy

And on the topic of engineer gobys check out this pic I stole it of Facebook pretty cool of you ask me ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429193338.957783.jpg

And on the topic of engineer gobys check out this pic I stole it of Facebook pretty cool of you ask me View attachment 270178

That is cool! I wonder what they are up to, I never really pictures them as schooling fish. Maybe just moving to a different area and it is safest to do in groups? :)

you sure those are gobies?
they look like catfish to me;
92584-albums13974-picture67151.jpg

Could be juvenile gobies schooling for safety, they have that look when they're still small

The scuba site I got it off said they were engineers haha I would love to see something like that I only ever see wrasse and buffalo bream

Back
Top Bottom