Doug's 105 rimless build and diary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just a couple pics and a quick video-

Anemone crab and RBTA-
img_3212333_0_7ab9a8273df1ce0d701207bcd895729e.jpg

The elusive blue throat-
img_3212333_1_4ba317920a4073497f9600d9297e5067.jpg

http://vid206.photobucket.com/album...N/GORILLA_MONSOON048/MVI_5691_zpsco9q6jed.mp4

Doug, awesome tank. The Anthias is so cool. I have a pair of Lyretails but that is another level of cool fish.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thanks! Once everything grows in it will be cool. It's pretty empty right now though. It swallowed up that 105 pretty easily ;)

I know how that goes. I had to stop going to the LFS because every time I went I came home with just one more piece. Now I have no room in either my 90 or my 180. I did manage to find a Gold Assessor for my 180 though. Not sure if you've have one but they are a really cool fish.

No, never had the opportunity to keep one, but they are nice! Maybe later, though I am trying to stay from all the small mouth fish. I want to keep a mandarin down the road and don't want any carnivorous rock grazers if I can help it. ;)

I may try a mandarin one day when I have my "dream setup". Couldn't keep one in either tank right now. Too many Wrasses and Tangs.

Look into Paul B and his diy mandarin and butterfly feeder. His mandarins and pipe fish spawn.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nothing yet Dary. I'm still looking and just have the one CS9 from Seaside Aquatics. I'm weighing my options at the moment.
On another note, my Anthias decided to carpet surf. The long term residents tortured the Atlantic Blue to death. That's it for now I'm afraid. Got some new filter sock mounts to replace my old jigsawed wood ones and a Jebao rw8 for the front of the tank, but otherwise nothing exciting.

Nothing yet Dary. I'm still looking and just have the one CS9 from Seaside Aquatics. I'm weighing my options at the moment.
On another note, my Anthias decided to carpet surf. The long term residents tortured the Atlantic Blue to death. That's it for now I'm afraid. Got some new filter sock mounts to replace my old jigsawed wood ones and a Jebao rw8 for the front of the tank, but otherwise nothing exciting.

Aww man so sorry to hear that man. What a bummer. A top of some sort should be easy with it being an in walk build though.

I hate my glass tops, but hate losing fish more. After losing about 6 fish that way, I could no longer ignore the common sense that was my wife. No seriously, she wouldn't let me ignore her. Sorry about the losses Doug.

Oh man that sucks, too bad you werent there to pick him up and toss him back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Whoa man that sucks losing a fish like that !! ,... I think we've all been there a time or two with ya ,.... As Greg says it might be time to " put a hat " on that tank
Keep us posted on the skimmer progress ,.. It's a big part of the inner workings of the tank and notably probably a big investment also ,... ( Btw I like the crab )

Whoa man that sucks losing a fish like that !! ,... I think we've all been there a time or two with ya ,.... As Greg says it might be time to " put a hat " on that tank
Keep us posted on the skimmer progress ,.. It's a big part of the inner workings of the tank and notably probably a big investment also ,... ( Btw I like the crab )

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430232133.616138.jpg

I thought you had an eggcrate top, or that was another tank?
guess it's time to hit the hardware store and make another one. ;)

Back
Top Bottom