Dry ferts help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Additionally just go to a chain drug store like Walgreens and ask for a needleless syringe at the pharmacy. They give them out for free.

Sent from my iPad using science

Here's my dosing station:
Bottle #1 - Macros
Bottle #2 - KNO3
Bottle #3 - Micros
Numbered PVC tubes hold the plastic pipettes with a total measured volume of 4 mL and are graduated to 0.5 mL. Easy to use, just squeeze and release.
AmQPH51.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Have you started yet Caleb?
If so can you see any change yet?
I'm gonna start this weekend I believe.

Gone Fishing,
Dale

I plan on starting tommorow. You will see lots of updates on here soon.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Cool. I'll be watching daily. Are you gonna be running CO2 at the start?

Gone Fishing,
Dale

I'm getting my tanks filled back up tommorow so yes. Hoping this will help my algae. got green growing on the rocks and glass. Have to clean it every other day.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I have it too but can get by almost 6 days before it really starts showing.
The one that worries me is the one on a couple of my plants lower leaves that appears to be a bluish-green.
I am gonna pick up some peroxide and try to spot treat it I guess.
Gonna mix my stuff tomorrow before work after my water change and start Sunday morning I reckon.

Gone Fishing,
Dale

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427553494.580359.jpg

Being a perfectionist is probably not a good idea for this hobby.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427553978.952286.jpg

This is what I've measured up to go in the containers.

Weight of the cups varied since I was all the way down at grams. Did the math for each cup to make sure it was precise.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427554057.646930.jpg

And I'm going to put 500mL of RO/DI water in each bottle. Guessing I just dump my solutions in and let them sit overnight?

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

The bottles should have measurement on them. I add powders first than pour in water up to 500 mark.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yea for the dry ferts, but I'm distracted by the backyard. Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Lol Fresh I live on a lake it's glorious for a fish owner. Found one of my pieces of driftwood out there for my new JD tank.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427554868.653603.jpg

All mixed up. Think there is a sealing problem with the white cap on the micros bottle because I started shaking and it got all over my hand and the counter.

And now let it sit 24 hours to dissolve?

The waiting game begins... Coffee anyone?

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Did you use the Tare button for the cups. That should take the math out of it.
I have to admit that I'm pretty excited watching yours get started cause I know I'm next. Ha Ha
We can compare too being as I will have low light and no CO2 ( yet ) to see the difference it makes.

Gone Fishing,
Dale

Did you use the Tare button for the cups. That should take the math out of it.
I have to admit that I'm pretty excited watching yours get started cause I know I'm next. Ha Ha
We can compare too being as I will have low light and no CO2 ( yet ) to see the difference it makes.

Gone Fishing,
Dale

Well I haven't quite figured out my PAR rating for my Finnex. I think it's a medium light and I got lots of low light plants. Hence maybe my algae ordeal. I'm getting more co2 right now actually. Dose 3bps.

Didn't know the T button did that but whatever it's easy math.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

If you put your empty container on the scale and then hit the "T" button it should reset your scale to "0" with the container still sitting on it registering that containers weight as the Tare.

Gone Fishing,
Dale

If you put your empty container on the scale and then hit the "T" button it should reset your scale to "0" with the container still sitting on it registering that containers weight as the Tare.

Gone Fishing,
Dale

Sweet. Will remember that for next time.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Back
Top Bottom