Dry ferts help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just shake and look to see if it's all dissolved. If not, shake some more. As far as I know, you're good to go once it's all dissolved.

Definitely not wasting time. Nope.

Update i got my syringe today and continuing dosing regimen along with getting my co2 refilled so everything is up and running. Algae still being a pain in the butt its persevering.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

great thread both questions and answers - following

thinking I might switch to monopotassium phosphate rather than Flourish Phosphate sometime in the near future.

Update!

I do believe my plants are doing much better then before. Still seeing algae but not as much as before which is awesome it's going down.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Got my digital scale today and my phosphate test is shipping, now just have to order the ferts.

Great thread for answering questions!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Got my digital scale today and my phosphate test is shipping, now just have to order the ferts.

Great thread for answering questions!

Thanks for joining in! Feel free to any any questions pertaining to the subject you have! I probably will need the answer one day.

On a side note, my phosphate kit came yesterday! Will test reading tonight. Thinking it's the reason some of my planted have darkened leaves.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Last edited:
Not sure when I'm going to order the ferts. Need to finish buying material and stain for my stand, order the ferts, and I pre ordered a finnex planted+ 24/7. Going away to college next year, and not being able to work until the summer puts a damper on buying these kinda things.

Tested all my parameters last night and came up with this:
Ammonia nearly 0
PH 7.6
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 15 ppm
Phosphate .5

I read on another post somewhere that the phosphate level should run roughly 1:10 with the Nitrates.
Curious what everyone else runs as a rule of thumb on their phosphate levels.

Gone Fishing,
Dale

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428449214.539944.jpg

Looking around 2.0 on the phosphate test.

Is this good or bad? Honestly I don't know.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Guess I need to get one of these tests too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Signal the sirens! Call the experts! We need someone who can read the phosphate readings lol.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

This indicates to me that I need to increase my phosphates from the .5 ppm to 1.5 ppm to correspond with my Nitrate reading of 15 ppm to make the 1:10 ratio.

Gone Fishing,
Dale

This indicates to me that I need to increase my phosphates from the .5 ppm to 1.5 ppm to correspond with my Nitrate reading of 15 ppm to make the 1:10 ratio.

Gone Fishing,
Dale

Ideally. It depends on the needs of your specific plants as well though. Just try it out and see how it works out.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thanks Nigel. I'm kinda wingin it to see how the cards fall.

Gone Fishing,
Dale

I have a question that may have been asked already. What is the better/easier system PPS-PRO or EI?
Distilled water=the water jugs you can buy at jewel osco?

I have a question that may have been asked already. What is the better/easier system PPS-PRO or EI?
Distilled water=the water jugs you can buy at jewel osco?

There's no real comparison. Pps pro gives your plants what they need on a daily basis. EI gives them an abundance to make sure they never starve for nutrients. For me EI is easier because I like just adding the dry fertilizers rather than making liquid solutions plus with a large tank taking a couple of teaspoons of dry ferts is less time consuming than measuring out 15+ mL of liquid. It's a matter of personal preference and customizing to your tank's needs.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom