Dry powder dechlorinator, treats 48.000 gallons?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peepsdayz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey!

I just bought this powder dechlorinator that states it treats 48.000 gal (vanish from amazon)

My question for you guys is, can i prepare it (mix powder with water) on a very concentrated solution and then dose it with my water changes at the right amount?

Has anyone done this? Thanks for your input!

Search for vanish dechlorinator on amazon, wont let me post links :(

I got the 8 oz one 48k gal, i thought it could loose some potency if i pre mix it but i guess its ok.

Thx!

If you're really worried about it then just mix it with distilled water. But really, it's fine either way.

Hey!

I just bought this powder dechlorinator that states it treats 48.000 gal (vanish from amazon)

My question for you guys is, can i prepare it (mix powder with water) on a very concentrated solution and then dose it with my water changes at the right amount?

Has anyone done this? Thanks for your input!
You would be better just buying your own Sodium Thiosulfate, much cheaper. Be careful using this product(Vanish), as all the reviews seems to be from pond owners, who use a different strength of dechlorinator.
I don't know about this product but I know Seachem don't recommend mixing their Safe into a stock solution as it doesn't contain stabilizers like Prime.
Sodium Thiosulfate Salts can however be mixed into a stock solution.....
Jonah's Aquarium Sodium Thiosulfate Crystals Instructions

My own feelings about seachem's shady business practices aside, it's highly unlikely that the ingredients in prime are very far removed from the Sodium Thiosulfate and their statement about not "recommending" it is similar in all of their attempts to increase their profits through giving misleading information.

My own feelings about seachem's shady business practices aside, it's highly unlikely that the ingredients in prime are very far removed from the Sodium Thiosulfate and their statement about not "recommending" it is similar in all of their attempts to increase their profits through giving misleading information.
Most, if not all dechlorinaters use Sodium Thiosulfate as their main ingredient. I agree with you on the recommending part. I suppose it's the same with all big companies....

Yup this is the link.

Winston Crystal Clear CC013-8 8-Ounce Dry Dechlorinator by Crystal Clear http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001KATFBE/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_V9Ijtb17AFV88

Cheaper to buy sodium thiosulfate crystals on eBay but I have used this product before. I premix it with distilled water and use as needed for my pond water changes. It's important to note that this is simply a dechlorinator. It does not detox heavy metals or toxins such as ammonia, nitrite or nitrate or contain slime coat aids. If you have chloramines in your tap water, I would suggest using a different product. Otherwise, it's an inexpensive option for simple dechlorination.

Back
Top Bottom