Dubber's 40 Gallon Breeder Mixed Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Went to Menards and spent $20 and extended my canopy down to cover three sides. The back is still open and spills alot of light that way, but at least I won't be blinded when I'm relaxing in my recliner anymore. What should I seal the inside of the wood with?

IMG_5435 by iadubber, on Flickr

IMG_5434 by iadubber, on Flickr

Ordered a Coral Banded Shrimp, Six Line, and Orange Spotted Goby from LA. Will be here tomorrow. Gotta get my QT setup!

Tank is coming along nicely. Clean and simple enough room for corals to grow.

thanks, new fish were just delivered. Heading home now to acclimate.

I hope my rocks season and color up soon. I hate how bright they are!

Starting to piece together a DIY LED kit as well.

Make sure u take pics of the DIY led system

It's just on paper right now.

Currently I have a 250w MH running at 175w and 12 cree 3 watt RB leds running on a meanwell non dimmable driver.

I think I'm going to build a 24 3w LED with two dimmers. 16 RB Cree and 8 XPG whites with 60* optics. All on a homemade aluminum channel frame. Shouldn't be more than $200.

Here are pics of the new arrivals after acclimation and no lights for several hours. Everyone came out to eat which is good. The Coral Banded is missing two legs. But I read that will grow back, so that made me happy.

So far the six line is playing well with others and loves swimming in and out of these great reefrocks.net rocks.

I just can't seem to get the color right in Lightroom on these. I had my MH turned down to 150w so maybe that was being overpowered by the crees.

IMG_5496 by iadubber, on Flickr

IMG_5492 by iadubber, on Flickr

IMG_5487 by iadubber, on Flickr

IMG_5479 by iadubber, on Flickr

Long story why I didn't get to QT these fish. Got my QT setup lastnight. Filter running and all. Came home from work and my wife had to take the car to church to meet the priest who's baptizing our daughter sunday. My car is in the shop getting the power steering rack replaced. I get into the dining room and the filter is not running on the QT anymore. I dicked with it for an hour while they acclimated. I never got it running so I had to go straight to DT with them. Hoping for the best.

Ordered a new bulb. 14k reefoptix 250w. I borrowed a par meter from our club and I'm getting some pretty bad readings. It's either my bulb or reflector so I am trying a bulb first. Also getting some green algae on the upper half of my rocks and a little hair algae at the very top.

I'm using ro water so I am going to look at setting up a Gfo reactor.

Are you shooting with a tripod? I have a nice prime lens on my Nikon but I'm not having any luck getting clean shots of anything with it. My cichlids are frozen in the water when I shoot them but my SW tank is like trying to shoot lighting :)

Are you shooting with a tripod? I have a nice prime lens on my Nikon but I'm not having any luck getting clean shots of anything with it. My cichlids are frozen in the water when I shoot them but my SW tank is like trying to shoot lighting :)

The fish shots are not on a tripod. Coral shots are. I usually shut pumps off and power heads for 5 minutes before shooting. I don't use a flash, I just bump up the ISO on my 5D.

Thanks!

My new bulb was delivered today. I'm excited to see the PAR numbers compared to the bulb I had in there.

Ordered a BRS reactor, MJ 600, GFO, and a phosphate test kit yesterday to try and get rid of the hair algae that's starting.

Back
Top Bottom