Dubber's 40 Gallon Breeder Mixed Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There really isn't much you can do about the diatoms honestly other then wait..this is that part that everyone talks about needing to be patient in the SW world lol

For sure. It's hard to watch it go out of control. I only have currently a few snails and hermits. I guess my snail shipment will arrive tomorrow. Nothing showed up today.

My diatoms are finally dissipating which is great. Here are some pics. I wish I could get the color in photos that I see in person with only my blue LEDs on. The red mushrooms glow crazy but I can't get that to convey into my camera. Grrrr. I've had alot of growth on my duncan, zoas, and candy cane the past two months.

My hammer is finally making a comeback. During my last scape change I dropped the frag and it landed on it's head in the sand. It stopped opening up large for quite a few weeks. Finally it's starting to open back up.

IMG_6047 by iadubber, on Flickr

I ditched the GFO a couple weeks ago too. I just could not get it to tumble right and my water was cloudy as heck when it was running. I swapped for carbon. I couldn't believe how great the carbon worked in the BRS reactor. Within 2 hours my water was more crystal clear than ever.

My diatoms are almost completely gone now. Yah!

I think I've come to the conclusion to break this tank down and sell off. I am not enjoying this hobby anymore. I moved from being bored with freshwater for 5 years to the marine side and thought that would spark me. It did for awhile, now it's not enjoyable for me anymore.

Sorry to hear youre thinking of getting out, you have a nice setup going.....But if you aren;t into it anymore the tank will just suffer. :-(

Good luck either way though!

Thanks Carey, It's still up in the air. I need to figure out something to do with it that doesn't cost a bunch to get me back into it. It's really no hassle with the tank, just PWC every saturday and feeding every 2/3 days. I don't know.

I decided to stick it out and bought a PICO Fluval SPEC for my office desk. Hopefully that will put me back on track. It'll be a softie shrimp tank.

Glad to hear it! Sometimes you just need something new to inspire you all over again. lol

I had looked at the fluval spec too, just couldnt decide what to put in it. hehe... the pet store near me actually has 2 clowns and a nem in their 'showpiece" fluval spec. just sickening.....

Back
Top Bottom