Dwarf Cichlids!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If fertile should be anytime now, and it could be by fanning but that would be a pretty powerful fan lol

Not sure. The eggs are a different color and a different size. So I'm hoping they're good. And the eggs were fertilized later at night. I missed most of the egg-laying ceremony thing though.

After 8 days off ich in my tank from a bad choice of neons at petsmart my fish are finally free!!!! The rams were covered 6 days ago and have had no signs of it since then! Yay!

After 8 days off ich in my tank from a bad choice of neons at petsmart my fish are finally free!!!! The rams were covered 6 days ago and have had no signs of it since then! Yay!

Yay! Ich sucks... Decimated my rams before the move and then that pretty much finished them off.

Well I can't see eggs anymore. Too much sand. If both the male and female are still constantly guarding the spot, is it safe to assume they're still there

I was finally able to snap some shots of the baenschi! When I got them they were tiny and I couldn't tell which was male and which was female that's how bland the colors were on the male. But look at him now. I've seen huge changes in just the past week. They guys gonna be hot!!! If you know what I mean.

Female
image-3415966448.jpg

Male
image-2543732517.jpg

image-684552687.jpg

image-3794837496.jpg

I was finally able to snap some shots of the baenschi! When I got them they were tiny and I couldn't tell which was male and which was female that's how bland the colors were on the male. But look at him now. I've seen huge changes in just the past week. They guys gonna be hot!!! If you know what I mean.

Female

Male

Wow that's beautiful. I need a tank for apistos. How many male apistos can you fit in a 3-4 foot tank?

If i were to build my own apisto tank I would make it something like 48longx20deepx16high. otherwise long and wide and not to tall. A 40 breeder would make a great tank for a good sized group IMO

Back
Top Bottom