dwarf gourami tank mates? 10g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blipblop

Aquarium Advice Activist
i have one dwarf gourami and one apple snail in there, i kinda want one or two more fish that can be by them selves and maybe a lil school or say 3-4 tetras or danios or something, what kinda fish can be "alone" and are small, remember this is a 10 gallon, thanks!

Consider a female dwarf gourami to go with the male, and a small school (like 4) of smaller cory cats (such as pandas or pygmys) for the bottom...at that point you will be quite full.

Danio's are good.

Maybe some smaller tetra's like the redish/pinkish Serpae.

Before my dwarf gourami passed away he got along with all his tank mates. I even have a single red wag platy.

there are no places with cories up here in MA =( i checked so many places! like 4 petcos and 2 LFS..=( i've always wanted cories too

blipblop said:
there are no places with cories up here in MA =( i checked so many places! like 4 petcos and 2 LFS..=( i've always wanted cories too

8O Really?!? I do not think that in 30 years I have ever been in a single aquarium/petshop anywhere in North America or Europe that did not have at least a few corys in stock.

My local Petland and Walmart sometimes don't have cories. Maybe they sell them all? lol I don't know, I've never gotten one though. :?

i would go with the Cory Cats they are nice and leave other alone and mine school together and i dont think they do that

one got stuck up against the filter and i feel bad

In small tanks the only mates I have kept successfully with DGs are cory cats or dwarf plecos, and I have had poor luck with any schooling fish, even in a 15 gal.

Back
Top Bottom