Dwarf Gouramis and Tetras?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chalcanthite

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'll be honest, I got an account specifically to ask this.

I have a dwarf Gourami and a snail- with plans to get 2 more snails- in a 10 gallon tank. I'm hoping to upgrade to a 20 gallon long and I was wondering if it would be okay to keep bleeding heart tetras with the gourami? I'm hoping for 7 of the tetras.

Also, what could I do with the 10 gallon after, if so?

Bleeding heart tetras can get nippy with each other and fish with long flowing fins but should be fine with the DG. Keeping them in a group (4+) should reduce squabbling. 7 might be pushing it in a 20g long due their size (3-3.5"). I would do 4-6.
You could setup the 20g and move the existing fish and filter from the 10g. Optional, but advisable, setup the 10g as a quarantine tank for the BH tetras.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Could have 10 gallon either quaratine to breed or could get total different fish for it for a different style.
Could even have a tank for invertebrates Only

Sent from my HUAWEI Y360-U31 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a dwarf grouami (Fred) in a 20 high.

I had a school of bloodfin tetras with Fred. The tetras literally swam circles around Fred and he hated them.

I gotta say, harlequin rasboras have been way better. Black neon tetras did fine with Fred too.

After I moved Fred to my 20 and had a free 10 gallon, I did a 3 female betta sorority and they all love each other. They're in there with Cory's and do well. I wouldn't recommend a sorority though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a 20, 10, and 5. 20 is my showcase. 10 is my sorority. ESTABLISHED sorority. 5 is my medium planted shrimp tank. Also have a guppy in there too. He was too aggressive in my 20

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom