Ecosystem Aquarium "miracle mud" filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CalypsosFish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all!

I just bought a 30g tank and was about to set it up and start the cycling process when I realized... I have no idea what this filter is that came with it.
It comes from ecosystemaquarium.com and uses something called Miracle Mud.
This is the first time I've heard of this type of filter and I have no idea how to use it.
It's a massive thing, has three separate compartments and appears to be a HOB type.

I would love to know if anyone has or has had one of these, whether they work/how they work, or if I should just buy a normal HOB filter from my lfs

Thanks, Rai

So that's a HOB refugium, meant more for saltwater tanks that don't have a sump for a refugium.
You should be able to use it just like any HOB though, just through your filter media in there and you'll be fine.

So that's a HOB refugium, meant more for saltwater tanks that don't have a sump for a refugium.
You should be able to use it just like any HOB though, just through your filter media in there and you'll be fine.

Thanks so much! One last question, where should I put my media in this filter? The side compartments? Middle? Or does it matter much? And should I stack them like they are in my regular filter
I really appreciate your help!

Back
Top Bottom