elec. yellow question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigjeff2486

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a cichlid community tank with various species, i think one of my electric yellows is holding eggs in her mouth, what should i do

well you have a couple options... you could seperate her and put her in another tank or let her hold full term in the tank with lots of hiding spots... if you want to save fry you might want to go with the first option... good luck if you can post pics.

I my tank has alot of hiding spots, si i might just let them hatch can u sell them to fush stores

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110918_175243.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110918_175243.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 96
Or, if you can strip her at 3 weeks. That way you don't have the aggression issues when you return her to the main tank. Depends on how bad you want the babies. If she spits in the main tank you may get a couple but if you separate or strip her you'll get em all.

And it depends on the fish store.

Really like the setup, I would recommend catching her after three weeks but be prepared to remove rock or set up a DIY fishtrap. Nice fronts by the way, you are aware you will eventually need a bigger tank for them right?

Yeah im shopping for a 90-100g as we speak, another question i have is ive been dealing with this algae bloom lately, its green and carpets its self in spots on the bottom, ive been doing water changes once a week as well as remove the algae, but whats the best way to control that.

Back
Top Bottom