Emersed Growth Setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

graucow

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello, I am trying to start a simple emersed growth setup using pots. I was wondering if a self watering pot would work for an emersed growth setup? Using a setup like the picture except with a higher water level? I also would like to do the pots with no cover and am looking for plants that would do well with low humidity. I plan on using domes at first to acclimate the plants. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know!

51KwFH-ZH1L._AC_SY400_.jpeg

What you have will work. A dome is a must. Long term usage of the dome will depend on the transition. It’s a good idea to have a spray bottle on hand to apply a mist to the plants, even under the dome. Once you get decent growth, then you can remove the dome for short periods of time (10-15 minutes) and gradually work up the durations. This may take weeks or months to complete.
Most stem plants and crypts should be fine for this transition. I have done this with dwarf baby tears and Alternanthera reineckii.

Back
Top Bottom