Evans 20 Gallon Nano Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got a green metallic torch coral! (risky buy I know). And I got a free purple monti with it! And here are some other pictures of the tank!

Attachments

• image-2904070997.jpg
    image-2904070997.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 159
  • image-1863329589.jpg
    image-1863329589.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 150
  • image-3452686144.jpg
    image-3452686144.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 160
  • image-3395871003.jpg
    image-3395871003.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 147
  • image-2128116053.jpg
    image-2128116053.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 125
obscurereef said:
Love all of those additions! Was wondering the same thing too.

Well I heard its a hard coral to keep and it should be in a more established tank and all! But I just thought id give it a try!

Evansimp said:
Well I heard its a hard coral to keep and it should be in a more established tank and all! But I just thought id give it a try!

Who told you this??? Not true. Great coral to start off with IMO and doesnt need an established tank..

Yeah just got a purple tip torch...one of my first corals and it's doing great in my newish tank. Did the watchman goby and pistol shrimp pair up? Or were they already a pair? I bet the shrimp is already moving things around!

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Who told you this??? Not true. Great coral to start off with IMO and doesnt need an established tank..

Haha well that's good to hear! :) thank you! And I saw on live aquaria it was a moderate level coral.

obscurereef said:
Yeah just got a purple tip torch...one of my first corals and it's doing great in my newish tank. Did the watchman goby and pistol shrimp pair up? Or were they already a pair? I bet the shrimp is already moving things around!

Yup they paired up since day 1! I've had em for a few weeks now! And yup, he's always busy!

Just moved the torch coral up and it's doing great! :)

And does anyone know about how long it takes for the Montilora to start spiraling and all? I heard they grow fast, but nothing ever happens that fast in reef Aquariums! Except aiptasia haha

Attachments

• image-1217684284.jpg
    image-1217684284.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 113
  • image-3466852745.jpg
    image-3466852745.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 105
I'm so jealous! I got a hammer and it's suffering so in thinking about tryin a torch

Khij159753 said:
I'm so jealous! I got a hammer and it's suffering so in thinking about tryin a torch

Haha I've only had it for a day! Give it a few weeks and if it's still alive, then I will be happy!! :)

An experienced employee at my lfs (doubt this is the stereotypical horrible advice...plus they have gorgeous rare corals) said to get the spiral effect for monits, put them in high flow. Of course anything excessive is never a good thing. Another lfs had a monti (about a foot) and they say their's grows 6" a year.

obscurereef said:
An experienced employee at my lfs (doubt this is the stereotypical horrible advice...plus they have gorgeous rare corals) said to get the spiral effect for monits, put them in high flow. Of course anything excessive is never a good thing. Another lfs had a monti (about a foot) and they say their's grows 6" a year.

Awesome! Thank you very much for that advice! It is greatly appreciated! I need to get another piece of live rock for my tank that I can put the monti on to give it the flow it needs! :)

obscurereef said:
No problem! You'll have more places for corals when you get more rock. :brows:

Yeah! It's just a matter of when I can afford some more! This is not a budget friendly hobby haha! But I love it

Back
Top Bottom