Evans 40 Gallon Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not familiar with the product but I had to flea bomb my house a while back. Unplug everything and seal the entire tank with plastic and tape. As soon as you are able to enter the house open all windows and let it air out really good and use fans. Then remove plastic and tape and plug it all up. Thats what i did and nothing bad happended to my tank at all. Im not sure about the chemical you are using though. You could always seal your door off i suppose but if fleas are the problem they will retreat into the untreated room. Best of luck!

Definitely turn everything off. My brother accidentally didn't one time. I don't think anything but a couple inverts died, but it still wasn't a good thing.

Hey guys! Thanks for all the advice! All I did was put a towel by my door and made sure my room was sealed off. The guy assured me that the treatment was odorless and would not be airborne, that it just stays in the carpet and floors. Everything looks great this morning and hopefully it stays that way haha!

Hey guys! Thanks for all the advice! All I did was put a towel by my door and made sure my room was sealed off. The guy assured me that the treatment was odorless and would not be airborne, that it just stays in the carpet and floors. Everything looks great this morning and hopefully it stays that way haha!

Good to hear! (y)

We didn't need the totm being bombed. Lol.

Good to hear! (y)

We didn't need the totm being bombed. Lol.

Haha yeah, trust me I made sure the tank would be okay! :)

I wish I could get a bigger tank :( I wouldn't mind like a 100 cube! Il have to wait till I get my own place haha

Haha yeah, trust me I made sure the tank would be okay! :)

I wish I could get a bigger tank :( I wouldn't mind like a 100 cube! Il have to wait till I get my own place haha

Lol. Well, once you have one I'm sure we will all be following along. :)

Btw, I've decided that a big enough tank doesn't exist. Lol.

Awesome glad to hear all is well! So i guess it was spray and not like a fogger. Thats a good thing. I HATE fleas! Almost as much as i hate hair algae! LOL

Awesome glad to hear all is well! So i guess it was spray and not like a fogger. Thats a good thing. I HATE fleas! Almost as much as i hate hair algae! LOL

Yeah! :)

I don't mind fleas, but they eat my mom and bro alive haha! They don't touch me! :)

Hey guys. So I see a lot of people with coral beauty's in their 40 gallon tanks. I kind of want to get one, but I want to get others opinion on them in a 40

I have a flame angel in my 37g
img_2607790_0_0bf687c936b463aa922cf3406ff1f792.jpg

and
I have a coral beauty in my 40
img_2607790_1_09baea397d19b9b0a18f9f8901460945.jpg

both are good with coral and are healthy
the trick is to get them young so they don't know about munching on corals
I had the flame a little over a year and coral beauty about 4 months
the coral beauty spends most of the time with the maroon clowns in the caves they all get along great

I thought about it too. Flame angel, pygmy angel...too risky for me. Ive heard bad and good stories.

Well guys, today I went over to a local reefers to check out his coral, and he had this beauty. After talking with him for a while, I decided to get it. He said it would be fine in my tank, and hes had it for about a year without any problems! Lets hope it does okay!

Hey I haven't been on the forum in a while and I was following your 20 now I just read all of your 40 well done man looks good and full.., I just started a 90 about 6 months ago and this this is tuff to fill on a budget... But great looking tank I need to find a local reefer that's selling stuff cheap... I just picked up some coral from a neglected tank wish I could of afforded to save them all got like 15 pieces of zoas sps monti and such for 30$ and again beautiful tank...

Hey I haven't been on the forum in a while and I was following your 20 now I just read all of your 40 well done man looks good and full.., I just started a 90 about 6 months ago and this this is tuff to fill on a budget... But great looking tank I need to find a local reefer that's selling stuff cheap... I just picked up some coral from a neglected tank wish I could of afforded to save them all got like 15 pieces of zoas sps monti and such for 30$ and again beautiful tank...

Thanks man! Can't wait to see your tank!

Hey guys, so my clownfish hasn't been eating for a few days and is constantly opening and closing its mouth. Not in a heavy stressed way, but in a relaxed way! Other than that, behavior seems normal. Swims up to food like she's gonna eat it but doesnt. Any ideas?

So I don't have a thread on tank here's some pics .... Not sure about your clown sorry can't be more help

Attachments

• image-3987619489.jpg
    image-3987619489.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 116
  • image-1704856659.jpg
    image-1704856659.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 117
  • image-3460009650.jpg
    image-3460009650.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 117
  • image-1426957107.jpg
    image-1426957107.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 122
  • image-1352307382.jpg
    image-1352307382.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 118
  • image-3846646109.jpg
    image-3846646109.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 120
  • image-362468189.jpg
    image-362468189.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 153
she may have eggs in her mouth
you have a pair or single ,single would just be infertile she will spit them out and hide them when hungry
but yes she will treat them as fertile eggs

Back
Top Bottom