Ever find fish you thought were dead?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hulkamaniac

Aquarium Advice Freak
I walked in to my fish room today to feed my fry tank after to work. Lo and behold in my 55 gallon Dempsey tank I see my upside-down catfish. I've had this fish at least two years. When I got him he was probably only 2 inches long, but is at least twice that now. I was positive he was dead a long time ago since I've searched for him before but not found any sign of him in the tank. I haven't actively tried to feed him in a long, long time because I thought he was dead. Anyway, I scooped him out and moved him to my 75g display tank where I've had a loss of fish over the past year and a half it's been set up. I'm currently looking for 2-3 other upside down cats so I can put a school in there.

Anyone else ever find fish you thought were dead, but there they are healthy as ever?

sorta, I never did find them though, I lost 2 clown loaches to apiece of driftwood that has a bunch of channels and caves in it, I searched everywhere, in the tank and around it, never did find either of them, when I find a better piece of driftwood I'm going to saw the current piece open and see if theres any bones or anythign in there

I had 2 clown loaches I thought were dead. Found them hiding in some driftwood when I tood it out of the tank to clean. :)

I had a lone oto in my 29g that I thought was dead. It had only been a few months since I've seen him, but I never added any more just because I didn't think he was alive anymore. Then one day I looked in the back of my tank and he was hanging out on the glass. So I added 4 more friends for him. :) So far, its been a couple months and all 5 are still alive.

I'm always losing my elephantnose...
And my cories are so busy doing their thing that it's difficult to do a headcount so they make me panic too.

Kuhli loaches are the other big stress-causing culprit...!

Back
Top Bottom