Fairly New 100 Gal Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chueyboy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have had my 100 gal tank for a about a year and I am running 2 Penguin Bio-Wheel 330's. I am just not happy with them. :(

I have been researching various filtration systems and have not idea what I want/require. I have been reading up on some canister filters and am thinking of going that route.

Tank comprised of a few sharks and various community fish living well together.

Please provide some ideas and feedback as to systems and better Manufacturers.

Thank You

I've got a 125 gal and I'm running an Eheim 2217, and a Penguin 330. If I had it to do over again I'd opt for the Fluval 404 as a cannister. They are just so easy to clean :)

HTH

Chueyboy,
If you don't mind me asking.. what don't you like about the Penguin 330? The reason I ask is that's the one I just got for my 40gal.

I also use the Fluval 404 and think it is GREAT!!
It is a breeze to clean and refill with media.
You can also use different types of media in the different baskets at the smae time.
I have had mine for 6 months with NO problems at all.
HTH

i like my xp3... very simple and easy to setup.... i also have it on a 55 gal.... everything is clean and is awesome. and along with that a emp. 400.... alittle overfilteration never hurt anyone except the electricity.... and
DIRTY-NESS! :twisted:

I run a Rena Filstar XP2 on my 75gallon and recommend their product line. Everyone I know that's had a fluval and a filstar or eheim said the fluvals are made cheaply and they'll never own one again.

I like the magnum 350pro the gravel vac is great and the bio wheels can't be beat!

Chueyboy~

I also have a 125 gal and I run "2" fluval 404's on mine.
I love them!! Easy to clean and NO problem getting them going again.
I'm VERY pleased with their performance.

I have a 125 and I am currently running a Magnum 350 cannister, and a Aqua Clear 500. The magnum isn't the easiest filter in the world when it comes to maintenance but it seems to the the job done. I really like the AC500. Its cheap, easy, and moves a lot of water. I've had it for about three months and I have yet to replace the media. I just rinse the sponges it tank water.

Back
Top Bottom