Favorite Freshwater SCHOOLING Fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's spelled glofish and no the color doesn't fade at least not _nmy experience. They just start getting bent till all they can do is swim in a circle then die.

rain87 said:
It's spelled glofish and no the color doesn't fade at least not _nmy experience. They just start getting bent till all they can do is swim in a circle then die.

Not mine but hey could be something coming from your lfs

I love my Giant Danios.... can't get a picture of them though, they're too darned fast!!

+AdCHi8xK6AAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

I have pepper and panda corys and I just love it watching them eat in formation, very funny. At the moment I have 4 Panda Corys and 3 Pepper Corys, they get along great but are very cliquey.

Attachments

• Visser 047.JPG
    Visser 047.JPG
    218.8 KB · Views: 155
  • Visser 060.JPG
    Visser 060.JPG
    191.5 KB · Views: 157
I kinda have the same thing, my panda and albino corys kinda hang out together (they are about the same size at the mo) and my Julii and Melanistius hang in another group, they rarely meet. I call them the "Sharks" and the "Jets" lol

I have emerald cories and my mother lost 2 of her spotted cories so I took the last one that made it in and he schools with the emeralds. I didn't know if it would work he's much smaller but I guess seeing he has no spotted friends he made friends with the emeralds.

TraceyB4602 said:
I have emerald cories and my mother lost 2 of her spotted cories so I took the last one that made it in and he schools with the emeralds. I didn't know if it would work he's much smaller but I guess seeing he has no spotted friends he made friends with the emeralds.

Emerald cories 0_o ? I've heard of Brochis splendens which look like giant cories but are wee bit different, same fish?

I love Tinfoil Barbs. They aren't real common being they grow to about 14" apiece. But they are so friendly, they love human contact and can be hand fed. They are a peaceful fish but will eat smaller fish, unfortunately most aquarium fish are smaller than they are.
They do need as insane amount of room to live in, given that they are a 14" schooling fish and 6-8 14" fish, is a lot of fish in one tank.
But they are very cool. What's also cool about them is that they are such a shiny silver they reflect the colors around them.

Homedog98 said:
I have to say... Rummynoses are up there, but black skirt tetras are my favorites. They're so funny at feeding time! I call them my piranhas lol.

Are black skirts nippers as well?

HalfMoon B said:
Are black skirts nippers as well?

Yes, but I've noticed it's more towards each other. I had 3 with a betta for nearly 6 months and had no problems.

Homedog98 said:
Yes, but I've noticed it's more towards each other. I had 3 with a for nearly 6 months and had no problems.

I love the look of them, but my bettas are limiting in tank mates ;)

HalfMoon B said:
I love the look of them, but my bettas are limiting in tank mates ;)

Sorry, I meant to put betta. Stupid auto correct. I had 3 with a Betta for nearly 6 months and they get along great! You could still have some. You just have to take the betta out for 2 weeks (either QT or put in another tank) and put in the new fish, rearrange the decor and put him back in. Both species are great fish!

Homedog98 said:
Sorry, I meant to put betta. Stupid auto correct. I had 3 with a Betta for nearly 6 months and they get along great! You could still have some. You just have to take the betta out for 2 weeks (either QT or put in another tank) and put in the new fish, rearrange the decor and put him back in. Both species are great fish!

I already pretty much have my tank plans and just upping slowly...
SM and HN1 will be getting all of my business :D

I dunno, I wouldn't put black skirts with a betta--ever. Bettas are (usually, Homedog you probably got lucky!)--very finicky tankmates and should be housed with peaceful, if any, other species.

Back
Top Bottom