Feather dusters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Serafin

Aquarium Advice Activist
My tank has been running now for over 12mths and everything is going good. Over the last month I've noticed a few new feather dusters have just sprung up from now where. Is this is good or bad sign?

Are you talking about the little tiny ones that sprout from the rock, or the big "tubeworms"? (Or do the little ones grow into the big ones?)

I've got two large ones I put in the tank, but can see a few little ones on some of the rock..

I'm talking about little ones that seem to come out of the rock and that weren't they before

When I started mine I had aptasia that I confused for something good..... Aptasia is bad, but does tell you that your tank is going in the right direction and can support life! But if it is aptasia you have to take care of it before it gets out of hand!

When I started mine I had aptasia that I confused for something good..... Aptasia is bad, but does tell you that your tank is going in the right direction and can support life! But if it is aptasia you have to take care of it before it gets out of hand!

I agree aiptasia is bad but I've left the stuff in a cup of water for weeks and it doesn't even care. IMO it will grow anywhere it pleases and laughs at your efforts to exterminate it

I was successful at exterminating Aiptasia with Aiptasia X..... I've seen it once since but several months later! Seems to be really good stuff, and it came highly recommended!

I was successful at exterminating Aiptasia with Aiptasia X..... I've seen it once since but several months later! Seems to be really good stuff, and it came highly recommended!

Oh yeah I agree! I was just saying it can survive extremely poor water quality so I wouldn't pin it as a good water quality indicator.

Back
Top Bottom