Feeding BLOODWORMS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm, had never considered that prospect. I've been feeding this way for months with no ill effect however, so I'll continue. I'd imagine whatever chlorine does settle to be so little that it wouldn't make a difference.

I do rinse out the CBW with dechlorinated water daily because I keep them in that water for a few weeks.

I looked at my guppy's this morning and they are looking amazing.. the top fins are larger and colorful. It's crazy how good they look. I got the bloodworms for my cory's but the side effect on the guppy's is shocking! The guppy's sure love the blood worms.

I still hate the name of them but all my fish love them. Even the baby guppy's and my small school of Cardinals go after them!

Another way of feeing frozen bloodworm to the fishes is by using a cone feeder. I find that when the frozen foods sinks to the bottom of the tank, a lot of the food can get between the gravel, if you have large substrate, out of reach of the fishes.

However the frozen bloodworm (or most frozen foods) in the cone feeder can be “sucked” out by the fishes with any small pieces of food being intercepted as they float down by the less aggressive fishes. Even my bristle nose pleco, who can “smell” the frozen food, knows his way up to the feeder and hangs there sucking away until he’s full.

Very little is wasted this way in the gravel, hence no ned to gravel vac afterwards.

I too only use half a cube. I use pliers to spilt the cube. Try frozen “sea monkey (don’t know what there real name is)”

food-holder.jpg

I feed my bloodworms by thawing them completley in a small amount of tank water then releasing them slowly into the tank. This way I find that all my fish get some and even the bottom feeders suck up whatever hits the sand.

Back
Top Bottom