Feeding shy fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lornajane89

Aquarium Advice Freak
hi guys i recently set up a new 25g. i managed to cycle in round about a month and have since added a spotted climbing perch aka african bushfish or ctenopoma acutirostre, i put a few fry in there sorta hoping id see some leaf like stalking but i think being 2 month old guppys are a little big for my juvenile fish. i have tried feeding frozen bloodworms and mosquito lavae but as soon as i approach it hides away and anything i put in either gets ate by the guppys or falls to the gravel where it gets left untill i vacuum it up (I have read that they wont take food off the gravel) how can i make meal times more inticing for it? i never had a problem with my community tank, gouramis and guppys etc come up every time i go near the tank. i have only had him since saturday so i gathered it would take a while to realise that i bring food im just concerned it isnt getting anything in the mean time. I have tried patiently sitting by the tank for him to come out and plopping a few bits in when hes near by but he just goes and hides behind a piece of driftwood every time.

are there any kinds of insects i could chuck in that wouldnt pollute the water and would stay alive long enough for him to show interest?

any advice is appreciated

thanks
dean

any advice is appreciated,

I had the same fish for about 6 months. I don't ever remember seeing it eat. I tried flakes, pellets, granules, tubifex, blood worms, tiny shrimp, beef heart, peas, zucchini, and romane lettuce. NOTHING worked:(

Back
Top Bottom