Female betta/ bettas in my community tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pawtrekker

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone, I have a 20 gallon tall community tank that I was thinking about putting female Bettas in. But I'm not completely convinced it's a good idea. My tank currently houses

4 Cory cats
5 neon tetras
1 albino BN Pleco
Some ghost shrimp
Some Ramshorn snails

It also houses a BR but I am giving him away soon because he's getting too aggressive. :( Of course, I am not planning to put anything in there until he goes.

Anyway, I have wanted to do a Betta Sorority for a while now (I'm a bit of a Betta addict) and I was just curious if I could possibly try one in my 20 gallon. I know it would be a bit on the overstocked side but I do at least 25% water changes weekly and I can probably add another HOB filter if that would help.

Here's a pic of the tank

image-3582780419.jpg

If the sorority thing won't work out Would just one female be okay?

You could probably pull it off as long as you have plenty of plants to to keep the aggression down as best as possible and make sure to get at least four for a sorority

Do you think I should get the youngest ones I can find? Or does it matter as long as they are all the same size?

Yeah that would be helpful buuuuut if you can't do that then you can just get them and try to figure out which one is the the most dominant then put them in least dominant wait 15 minutes then the next least dominant all the way to the more dominant one waiting fifteen minutes between each release with the lights off of course

Yeah that would be helpful buuuuut if you can't do that then you can just get them and try to figure out which one is the the most dominant then put them in least dominant wait 15 minutes then the next least dominant all the way to the more dominant one waiting fifteen minutes between each release with the lights off of course

Okay, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom