Female Betta with...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

connor31556

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys I have this betta who has been in a clean and cycled comunity tank for around 6 months without issue and without any other fish getting sick. But recently she started sitting at the bottom of the tank and breathing heavy. I tried to feed her and she ate like she normally did then went back to the bottom and continued to look sick. After a day of this I gave her a salt/pimafix dip to try and kick out whatever was in her system and after this dip she went back to normal again for a couple hours until she started looking unhealthy again. I repeated this dip (minus the pimafix) and tried to feed her a pea. She wasnt intrested so I tried soaking it in garlic and still nothing. The next day the same thing and this time I gave her a dip and fasted her for 24hrs and in this dip gave her a pea soaked in garlic and nothing. So today I moved her into a 5gallin tank with a lower ph and a lot of plants that I'm readying for another fish and shes currently sitting on a leaf looking healthy (like she had done after her baths) and occasionally gulping air (and breathing heavy) I think this is swim bladder disease but she doesnt look constipated or swollen to me and none of her fins or body is looking abnormal. Any ideas on what's going on? If the picture is not good enough here are some more observations I made; no pinecone scales, normal eyes, front fins are only clamped cause she just came out of a bath, breathing heavy and going up for air a little more often then normal, stomach not noticeably abnormal and colors are fine. Thanks for the helpJPEG_20210324_140004_5963861428185204810.jpgJPEG_20210324_140335_6191013990136610159.jpg

Im no expert here but what are the test levels? Seems like it would be something with the water levels if she seems better in the other tank. Also, how big is the community tank? Depending on tank size she could be stressed over lack of space, just throwing that out there.

Back
Top Bottom