Female guppy issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chandeptitious

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is my new female, I've noticed in the last couple of days she has gotten a lot fatter and can't seem to swim around properly and is sticking to the bottom of the tank. I found her like this this morning, she's still alive and moving around a bit, but I'm really worried. Also, after trying to swim she sinks quickly when she stops and seems to struggle to stay upright while she's sinking. What could be wrong? What can I do?

Attachments

• image-2848328611.jpg
    image-2848328611.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 89
  • image-2492897405.jpg
    image-2492897405.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 100
have her scales pinecombed out at all? like sticking out of her body?

she could also be bloated from overeating. try feeding her shelled peas as a laxative.

I hope she gets better!

She died this morning before I could try anything :( thank you for your help anyway.

Sorry to hear about your guppy.

Strange though that I have run across about 6 posts this week about a bloated guppy that died quickly. The same happened to mine.

Yeah that happened to mine last night he look normal except he was really bloated. I tried feeding him a cooked pea. I thought it was constipation but he didnt eat it then a few hours later he was belly up. Really weird I wish I knew what happened

Possible swim bladder disease? That's the only thing I can think of! And that could be due to almost anything from parasitic infections, bacterial infections, or just plain physical injury.

Back
Top Bottom