Festae coming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They've gone on a bit of a growth spurt the last couple of weeks.Still got 11 and only a few of them seem to be staying darker than the others.Reckon I've got mostly males.

They've gone on a bit of a growth spurt the last couple of weeks.Still got 11 and only a few of them seem to be staying darker than the others.Reckon I've got mostly males.

I sold a few and a few we're casualties so I got 7 left. 4 males and 3 females.

You never know, I've had some tricky ones that fooled me both ways.

Normally by around 4" you'll be pretty confident in your ratio.

How hard is it to get wild caught fish over there?

I've been scouring for wild caught pairs for a while now with no joy and my supplier will not reveal his sources.I will keep at him though as my pair would be F1 and their fry obviously lower down the scale.

I used to be one of them... Wild wild wild guys, until I realized that f1's more time then not produce better looking fry then the wild pair did to begin with.

I've never experienced anything to that effect, and I've bred 79 species of new world cichlids.

Last edited:
Man I love these fish.She is a right *****.I think I've got the Hukit syndrome.She has far outgrown the other 8 and rules with an iron fist.Well worth 9 months of growing on :)

They are my favorite fish. Second would be my salvini and synspilium. But i cant wait for next week to get the other 3 haha.

Back
Top Bottom