filter for a betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

linds3y

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm moving my betta into a 10 gallon tank and I got a whisper 10i internal power filter. Will this be enough for just a betta and shrimp?

Should be. Just watch the betta; make sure he isn't getting his fins caught in the filter and that the flow is too high for him; they like calmer water. You could add a sponge pad over the outflow to lessen it some. I tried that filter with my betta when I upgraded him to his 10 and I had some issues but I can't remember what they were; I think his fins were getting plastered to the filter when he passed by it. I went with this instead: works great. Aquatop Aquarium Air Driven Internal Corner Filter: Amazon.com: Pet Supplies

That looks nice and super cheap! How much did you pay for shipping? I might return this one and order that if you really recommend it.

I honestly don't remember offhand but I don't think it was ridiculous or I wouldn't have gotten it lol It's a great little filter and it has a lot of space in it so you can put in your current media (you might have to cut it into smaller pieces). Get a cheap airline valve so you can adjust the flow of the bubbles. My betta actually likes playing in the bubbles sometimes (he's a weirdo) and it keeps the tank pretty clean. Plus I don't have to unplug it when I do water changes. And the bubbles look pretty LOL

Back
Top Bottom