Filter, or no filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What about a sponge filter? I am thinking about buying one from amazon: The Aquatop corner filter.

You're a perfect candidate for a canister filter; and although I never recommend under-gravel filtration, it may very well work for you given your situation.

If you were heavily planted, and I mean heavily, and you stocked with 40% capacity, you might get away with not using a filter. That said, there are other considerations you'll need to take into account, i.e. CO2, fertilizers, etc. google Diana Walstad.

You may also want to take a look at Marineland's Slim line of hang-on-back filters. See if that works.

David

Hmm, ok I am around 50-60 percent stocked, maybe 70, I have three amazon swords, an Anubias nana, and a java fern, although I would like to have dwarf hair grass cover the whole floor in a near future, I am going to use root tabs and liquid co2

Hmm, ok I am around 50-60 percent stocked, maybe 70, I have three amazon swords, an Anubias nana, and a java fern, although I would like to have dwarf hair grass cover the whole floor in a near future, I am going to use root tabs and liquid co2

What is your stocking...

Ok, here is my stocking
1 balloon Molly
5 red eye tetra
3 peppered Cory's
4 black kuhli loaches

If you can't afford a different filter set up then try finding a different location for your tank, such as a cheap stand, desk or table.

You can probably find what you need at a tag sale.

The thing is, this is the only place, there is not room in my room, unless I put it right in the middle

Get a canister filter. They are great and You could put it under the desk. The maintenance required for that size of tank with no filter would consume way too much time and effort to justify the small benefit of improved visibility IMO.

Back
Top Bottom