Filter Question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikefromNJ

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I bought a 55 gal., complete setup from walmart. It came with an Aqua Tech Power Filter but the water looks cloudy through a side tank view so I added a Marineland Mag. 350 canister.
Ok now the question. Should or, can I run the filter the tank came with, while also using the micron water polisher from the canister unit at the same time? Or whats the best move to make? I'm trying to achieve the "crystal clear" look.
It's a cichlid tank with seven small fish in it.

No such thing as over filtration in my opinion. You can run both. I dont know much about cichlids so i dont know if they like a lot of water circulation (some fishes dont like to much water flow), if they dont then just adjust the output of either filter.

Filter

But is it ok to run the water polisher and filter at the same time, or is the one going to spit dirt molecules back into the water defeating the purpose of polishing for clarity? Also, should I have the filters at seperate ends of the tank?

Back
Top Bottom