Filter Recommendation for 10 Shrimp Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hjsvt

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm currently cycling a 10 g tank that I hope to stock with just shrimp but maybe also some snails or couple of small fish. But the primary goal is shrimp so I can see them and they don't have to hide from the other tank inhabitants. I have some driftwood, floating water lettuce, small amazon swords and dwarf sagittaira in the tank so far along with a healthy population of copepods. I will probably add more variety in plants eventually. I'm using this sponge filter but I don't really like it. The worse part for me is the bubbles splashing and spattering the window and trim. (It's an open top tank with no light. It's kind of an experimental tank and my second tank). Also the bubble noise bothers me a little but it's not the main problem. Can anyone recommend a small gentle (as in slow flow) quiet no splash filter that they have experience with in this type/size of tanks? Thanks.

Take a look at the Finnex ps 360. I have two, one on a 10 gallon and one on a 7.9 gallon. Cool little canister filter. Comes with a spray bar which you can angle it upwards for some slow flow and comes with a pre filter sponge.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Take a look at the Finnex ps 360. I have two, one on a 10 gallon and one on a 7.9 gallon. Cool little canister filter. Comes with a spray bar which you can angle it upwards for some slow flow and comes with a pre filter sponge.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll take a look at it.

I just run an Aquaclear 50 on my 10g shrimp tank with a fluval pre-filter on the intake. It's big for the tank.you can take a look at the Aquaclear 20 or fluval c2.
I prefer HOB rather than internal.

Thank you very much for the replies. I'm running two HOB on my 29 gallon one of which came with the ten gallon tank when I got it. Thinking about getting another 30 gallon size HOB for the 29 gallon and moving the smaller filter back to the 10 gallon. Then if I ever get my 55 gallon set up I'll have two cycled 30 gallons size HOB for it. The canister filter seems pretty expensive and it looks in videos to be pretty big. I'm actually really like the two HOB I have now. I already have sponge prefilters on both intake tubes. Thanks again for the suggestions. I appreciate the ideas of other things to consider.

Back
Top Bottom