filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bigdom said:
2-4 on ammo 5-10 on na. .5 on ni

Sent from my DROIDX using Aquarium

The ammo needs to be cut in half, n02 needs to go away and the only way to do both is with 25 - 50% PWC's everyday. The new filter might cause an spike, so keep a close eye on your h20 parameters.

Thanx but what about my cichlids. Will they live...?????

bigdom said:
Thanx but what about my cichlids. Will they live...?????

IDK, but keep up the PWC's and monitor your water. If they perk up after a pwc and a few hours later start to look sluggish, do another pwc. Time will tell.

Do you know the make and model? I am new bit maybe we can be.new together and utilize all the resourses on here to get this squared away. Are you using strips or. a liquid test kit? How many fish do you have and what kind and size? Do you have gravel or sand? Heater or not? These are just a few of the questions you will have to provide to get on course so the best advice can be given to you on order to more successful in this hobby. Real lives at used in the making of this hobby so ask many questions. Maybe one day we will proficient together too.

I am sorry. I didn't realize you were going to be in dire straits and so quickly. Mr Limpet will be better suited to help in a crisis. Keep us informed if you can.

Hey deckape.... ill take all the help I can get..... newbie or not we all gotta help each other........... thanx and stick wit me.... well figure this s$#t out

My 2.5 in. Is actin ok now but my 1.5 inch is still sluggish

What's the readings of the test after.the.partial water change?

Ilost the koi but the cichlids seem to be comin around... as we speak there swimmin round for the first time in an hour

You have to keep the.ammonia below point 25 Nitrites at 0 and Nitrates below 40

Ammo droped to 2 from 4 ni and na bout the same

Keep changing the.water and make sure you dechlorinate it. You're going to be.doing a bunch.of water changes so maybe you could.go ahead and.get several 5 gallon buckets, treat the water and start getting the temp up in it, temperature fluctuations are bad too. Do you have anyone that can keep the other fish for you while we get you squared away? If.not then giving them back to the pet store may be something you might want to consider. Then you can do a fishless cycle and avoid getting in this pickle again. Not telling you what todo.of course, just suggesting

Ok I lost my koi but my texases r doin ok now....... wat happened.?????

bigdom said:
Ok I lost my koi but my texases r doin ok now....... wat happened.?????

Ammo and n02 are toxic at high levels. Some fish do better than others. Cycling with fish is about as tough as it gets and you're not the first (or last) to lose fish in this situation.

My numbers are a little high but no reason for the koi to die

Back
Top Bottom