filters???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishyperson3010

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi
I have a juwel rio 180 (47 US gallons) and after finding out how bad the internal filter is I'm thinking of replacing it.
Should I get internal/external?
And can you recommend some good ones for this tank.
Thanks

There's pros and cons for both internal & external filters but I personally prefer external. I own a rio 400 and the first thing I did was rip out the filter box as 1: it was useless and 2: it was taking up quite a bit of space in the tank.
I now run 2 all pond solutions ef models on my tank 1@1000lph the other 2000lph and honestly they're amazing. They're easy to setup and maintain, there's loads of room for media and take up almost no room in your tank, they're quiet, there's the option of built in UV if you choose (which I did on both) and compared to other comparable filters they're dirt cheap!
Follow the link below and have a look. The EF1000 should be adequate for your needs (1000lph) and its only £50 with media included! The UV is an extra £10.
Plus don't just take my word for it, read the Practical Fishkeeping review up in the top right corner.

http://www.allpondsolutions.co.uk/aquarium-1/aquarium-filters/external-filters.html

There's pros and cons for both internal & external filters but I personally prefer external. I own a rio 400 and the first thing I did was rip out the filter box as 1: it was useless and 2: it was taking up quite a bit of space in the tank.

How do you remove the filter box and what fish do you have. I'd love to have a 400 litre

How do you remove the filter box and what fish do you have. I'd love to have a 400 litre

It's only stuck on with silicone. I used a screwdriver and just (carefully!!!) levered it off the glass and then used a sharp Stanley blade to clean off the silicone stuck to the glass.
I've got
8 angelfish
4 clown loaches
9 corydoras (6 sterbai, 3 albino)
1 German blue ram
1 common plec
2 bala sharks
2 red tail black sharks
2 Australian rainbow fish

image-29061256.jpg

Back
Top Bottom