Filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishbait

Aquarium Advice Regular
What do you guys think of the sunsun filters? I need filters for my new 125g and my 75g filter doesn't cut it. But I don't want to spend 1k on filtration unless I have to.Screenshot_20220203-225213_Chrome.jpg

Sunsun filters and other identical filters sold under different brand names (allpond solutions, polar aurora etc) have a pretty good reputation in the hobby.

I know people with dozens of tanks in fish rooms that use them because of the cost benefits over other similar standard canisters made by better known brands.

I've had a few. They definitely move a lot of water. If I were to buy one again, I would not bother with the versions that have the uv filter. Mine filled with water, making them useless. I would also keep an extra impeller on hand. Finally, I've had the handle that releases the hose from the canister break. So, be gentle with that thing.
I got rid of two sunsun filters and replaced them with one FX6. I'd rather not go back, but if that's what my budget said I had to get, I'd do it.

That sounds negative, but they lasted me a few years, and except for the broken handle and water logged uv lights, they still worked when I sold them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom