Filtration for a 75g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcgolg76

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just bought a 75g tank off of cl that came with an eheim 2215 cannister. Don't feel like that is gonna be enough filtration. Can I run that filter and another or should I buy one stronger filter. What filter would some more experienced owners recommend i use in conjunction with the eheim 2215? Going to be a planted community tank

If you don't mind HOB filters I find the Aquaclear 110 to be a good accompaniment. It's got quite a bit of capacity for media considering its price and it moves a good amount of water.

Could also try a big Hydrosponge filter. They're cheap so if you don't like it, it's not much of a loss.

Never heard of the hydro filter. Just looked up and don't understand what the catch is. Only like 15$ for the big one. Do I just hook it up to an air pump that I have used for an airstone. Anybody have experience using them? Why doesn't everybody use

We run most of a fishroom with sponge filters. Most people don't use them in display tanks because they are rather unsightly. But for fishroom tanks it's function (and cost effectiveness) over aesthetics. If you want to add a sponge filter to your tank, it would be just fine.

How big are they. Is it really any more unsightly then a hob

They come in different sizes. I mean, I won't lie, they're pretty ugly (lol) but they're great for bio filtration (tons of surface area) and they're very cheap to set up and run.

Here is a pic of part of the fishroom, you can kinda see what they look like in the tanks. These are 10 gallon tanks, so you would obviously use a bigger one.
img_2682270_0_226122ad5e5ba76760c527bceaf80ef3.jpg

If you can find the right piece of driftwood, or certain plants, they're pretty easy to hide in the corner ;)

Back
Top Bottom