Fin rot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First dose in just now.

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Seachem Paraguard.
Quick question: Can I change water while dosing medications?

It depends on the medication. It should say on the instuctions

Seachem Paraguard. Quick question: Can I change water while dosing medications? Sent from my GT-S7560M using Aquarium Advice mobile app
paraguard has detailed instructions on the bottle, mine says dose for up to a week or until fish start showing signs of stress, than do a wc and add carbon to filter. I usually do 5-6 days with no stress..

paraguard has detailed instructions on the bottle, mine says dose for up to a week or until fish start showing signs of stress, than do a wc and add carbon to filter. I usually do 5-6 days with no stress..

So pretty much treat them, then at the end do the water change and add your carbon

Okay Thank You!
Anything else I should know about Paraguard?

It may stain silicone?? It's blue, not sure though, used it in acrylic tank..

Im using a mini bow 2.5 and there is no silicone so that shouldn't be a problem :)

I had finnrot several times before. It's takes a long time to cure and is pretty frustrating. I used a combination of API aquarium salt, meleafix and pimafix. And them combinations will cure it will just take time. Also raise the temp up to 80-82 degrees and do a 25% water change every 3 days. Good luck

Thanks.

I just noticed he has lost even more fin. Still dosing, but still worried. How long does Paraguard take to start working?

Update: Put in my second dose of Paraguard. Hoping for the best!

Aqueon mixed with Hikari.
I noticed that my bettas fins arent getting better.
Help?

Back
Top Bottom