Final plumbing plans for basement sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ellisz

Aquarium Advice Addict
The move will be this weekend and I am dreading the plumbing setup for this.

My plan is to use my current bulkheads whick have barb fittings already glued in. Drain is 1" and return is 3/4". I will use my current vinyl tubing to stick through the floor and then connect that to hard pipe to the sump and pump.

I found a Mak-4 pump locally for cheap so I am going to try it first but I think I will get a Panworld 200 when I get more money and my prop tank ready. Since the Panworld has 1" inlet and outlet, I plan to use 1" PVC up to the 3/4" line coming from the tank. Since I am running 1" for the return, do I need to run bigger for the drain, like 1.25 or 1.5"?

Sump will be a 100 gal stock tank with a rubbermaid in one side for the fuge and all the other equipment on the opposite side. I figure to run anywhere from 30-40 gal in the sump/fuge.

More plumbing thoughts:
I think I will 'T' off the drain and supply a smaller line to the fuge. I will need to have some sort of baffle but I will figure out something. I think I will mave the main drain line dump into a bucket with holes drilled in the sides. I have read this works good as a simple baffle.

My sump will be right under the tank so I think I will try and use normal PVC vs. flex. I will add a prop tank later on and 'T' off the return for it.

Does this sound like it will work? It is a little more involved than I am used to :)

Thanks

As to the baffle for the drain line, I used a tub from crystal light drink mix. It is appx 10 inches tall by 3 inches round. We had the drain line run straight to almost the bottom of this tub and then the water overflows it into the sump/fuge. This also cuts down on bubbles,noise and current.

Thanks. It is the simple ideas that are the best. :D

The plumbing is my biggest concern though.

Back
Top Bottom