FINAL stocking list for my 55 (Hopefully?).

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hrafnkel

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Alright, so I think I finally have a stocking list for my 55. The BGK ended up being something that I found wouldn't work, and I'm going to get an alternate home for the betta. Now my list is:

3 Bloodfin Tetras
5 Cories
1 Dojo Loach
10 Zebra Danios
1 Blood Red Parrot Cichlid
6 Tiger Barbs

Will this work? If I can find the bloodfins again I'll also fill out their school a little bit. Do you think I could get away with a second parrot? Or not?

quite nice. but are they all compatible?

because from what i know parrots + small creatures do not get well together.

looks good.. i don't know much about parrots though.. with that stock you would be slightly overstocked but i think with good upkeep it should workout fine.. Just out of curiousity.. why the zebra danios? They aren't very colorful, i would put in 6 of them if you really like them and then a school of some other type of tetra or schooling fish. Just for more diversity. But thats JMO
azn_fishy55 you can find fish size on www.liveaquaria.com

I would get 3 more bloodfins and cut down on the number of danios. Teras like to be in groups of 6 or more.

"If I can find the bloodfins again I'll also fill out their school a little bit."

You could read my whole post. >.>

As for the parrots, I just made sure to pick out other fish that can outrun them or live on the bottom.

EDIT: I don't guess there is a why for the danios. Just like them.

I read your post. I would still cut down on the danios and wait for the bloodfins. IMO 10 danios is way to much motion.

I think you would find it worth the wait for the tetras. Besides, you aren't adding all those fish at once are you? That would be bad.

Also, I think you will find trouble with the Parrots. They don't do well with other smaller fish.

And the loach would appreciate two more buddies. Loaches do best in groups of 3,5 or more.

How come everyone dislikes the Zebra Danios, I have 10 of them and 10 Glowlights Tetras and they sometimes all school together haha. I love them very energetic and fun to watch the Angels chase them or, the zebras chase each other.

No, Everytime you add fish there is a mini cycle that lasts maybe 2-4 days, but if you add that many at once, it will be like started the whole cycle over. and will kill most if not all the fish.

AS far as i know it just cycles your tank faster, if you did a fishless cycle with just ammonia, and then added all your fish at once I assume the same thing would happen with Bio-Spira, ergo your not suppose to. But I have never used Bio-Spira, so might need to ask someone that has. Sorry about the slightly misinformed answer.

Alright, I've changed it up a bit, how is this...

6 Bloodfin Tetras
5 Cories
1 Dojo Loach
6 Zebra Danios
1 Blood Red Parrot Cichlid
6 Tiger Barbs

Would it be okay to go ahead and get a few more dojos since they'd be bottom feeders?

Yay! After like 10 versions of the list, one that might work. :lol: I'll be posting pics, but first I gotta wait for my birthday so I can actually get it. I just wanted to have it all planned and such, beforehand. Also, do you know the answer to my Bio-Spira question? (Do you add all the fish at once, with it)

Ah, alright. Thanks anyway. I'll ask the guy from that site that sells the stuff, he seems to be good about customer service.

Back
Top Bottom