Finaly A Largemouth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah dont feed goldfish. Id just go to a baitstore and get some minnows (qt them as mentioned above^^) or start breeding a feeder fish of some sorts. bass will eat practically anything u put in the tank. insects (feeder crickets, nightcrawlers) will prob work too. Your catfish will not be eaten either...thats why they have those wicked spines on em...and they hurt too

Frogs, they LOVE frogs, mice are good eatin's for a bucketmouth too.

At his size id get some suckers, he could eat a dozen in 4-5 hours.

We feed ours daily. but I do know that they do not eat everyday in the wild, id feed him every 3-4 days when he gets bigger but get that future hawg on some suckers and medium roaches as soon as possible. roaches feed 2-3 roaches per feeding, the roach that survives wont for long.

Roaches are like this, every baitshop has em. They might not be as vibrant as this wild roach but bass dont care.

img_985773_0_6b349c977d12d44bbc618abe73213767.jpg

bait roaches are half to 1/3rd the size of that wild one.

that will work, suckers are preffered cause its natural to em but shiners are too so feed away.

Yeah Shiners are great to use. I use to used them for my Oscars... also throw a Spinner bait in there from time to time it would be fun...

Jingle your keys in low light near the tank, even the cat might chase it.

I use a laser light on the fish at work, its pretty funny cause the fish stay on the dot and dont care about anything but the dot. or drop a craw in there and close the lid quick or use a 2" pvc pipe to slide the craw into the tank, the LM will shoot out of the tank.

He will once he settles into your tank, if he dont the cat will eat it. you jsut put their favorite food in with em, if you are lucky they will play with it first.

Yeah it will take a few days before they become a custom to your Tank especially from being in the Wild to going into someone Aquarium there Pissed right now....LOL.. But give it time eventually when you go to feed him you'll know he'll be waiting in the Dark then once you put your Crayfish in SMACK! Beautiful site.... (y)

Well it is morning at the craw is gone, he also slammed a few minnows this morning when i put them in!

betcha the channel cat got the craw, the bass wont seek it out in the dark itll wait till light to find it, especially right when the craws are going to molt. The brighter the craw the faster it will get devoured.

Fed our 20 some odd bass a dozen craws this morning, the craws didnt make it 2' below the surface and they were gone.

betcha the channel cat got the craw, the bass wont seek it out in the dark itll wait till light to find it, especially right when the craws are going to molt. The brighter the craw the faster it will get devoured.

Fed our 20 some odd bass a dozen craws this morning, the craws didnt make it 2' below the surface and they were gone

what i do to mess with him:

i tie a lure onto the end of a ice fishing rod and jig it around INSIDE the tank... LOL there is no hooks on the lure.... but he has gone nuts for that lure.

Bass can jump up to 5' out of the water with force. I had a smallie on around 615am this morning and it was jumping all over the place.

yeah.. but I would not use them.

It's possible they could have gotten into an pesticide somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom