Finaly A Largemouth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
we were just doing some reading last nite. the black bullhead (what she has) norm grows to be around a pound or less (avrege lbs caught by anglers) but the record is 4lbs 4oz and 18in long hers is between 8-9in not ssure on the lbs there neat to watch but there loners they dont like tank mates

they are the ultimate cleaner fish.

record is double that strokin(im assuming poked too, im a old gearhead)

The black bullhead is found naturally from southern Ontario to the Gulf of Mexico between the Appalachian mounts to Montana, and has been introduced in Arizona, California and other western states in the USA, as well as a few east of the Appalachians. Although the three species of bullheads are named by color, they all can vary throughout all the colors. You need a scientific definition to tell them apart but they are all excellent when fried! The record black bullhead weighed an even 8 pounds (3.62 kg) and was caught in New York, USA on August 1, 1951.
(taken from IGFA site)
I think illinois record is 5 pounds or something. not bad for a native smaller cat TYPE fish.

I was after what you have for a long time! I had a largemouth a little smaller and two sunfish. I wanted a little catfish but didnt catch one. I just threw the ol minnow trap into the nearest lake with some bait in it, and fed the bass whatever wondered into it. It was just minnows, crawdads, and baby perch. I also threw in the occasional left over nightcrawlers. I ended up releasing them because they were too much for my tank, bass and perch are MESSY. good fishing and good tanking

Back
Top Bottom