First 150 gallon build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you! It's cichlid mountain. :) lol there is defiantly plenty of contrast, and they all seem to be growing much more in this tank. In the 55 I never saw much growth.

mmm there is anew thread up 'tank sizes vs growth rate' or something? and it says about this very thing. i hope they are doing well and babbas happen soon :D x

I was actually just reading that one. Very interesting. I'm hoping for babies soon, especially with all the new homes.

So do you guys think there are any chances of hybrid fry with the species of fish I have? I can list them again if needed. Lol

Bully405Customz said:
So do you guys think there are any chances of hybrid fry with the species of fish I have? I can list them again if needed. Lol

Can you re list them? Lol

Yep, be happy too. Keep in mind Im not sure of all the sexes of them but I have a general idea and will label it.

4 fuelliborni (1 male 3 females)
4 assorted male peacocks ( blue regal, sunshine, Taiwan reef, firefish)
3 labs sex unknown
3 acei (1 male 2 females, I think)
2 rustys (2 males I think)
2 giant demasoni sex unknown-to small
1 Moorii-3 more coming
2 Afras- white top and Cobue sex unknown

I believe that's everyone. Lol so what do you think?

Bully405Customz said:
Yep, be happy too. Keep in mind Im not sure of all the sexes of them but I have a general idea and will label it.

4 fuelliborni (1 male 3 females)
4 assorted male peacocks ( blue regal, sunshine, Taiwan reef, firefish)
3 labs sex unknown
3 acei (1 male 2 females, I think)
2 rustys (2 males I think)
2 giant demasoni sex unknown-to small
1 Moorii-3 more coming
2 Afras- white top and Cobue sex unknown

I believe that's everyone. Lol so what do you think?

I think you might have a few hybrid fry later on with those peacocks

Yeah, I would say only the peacocks will interbreed. And btw, I love rustys! Lol. I got 3 and they get beautiful colors and will start breeding around 1" - 1.5"!!

The rustys are about 2" now. I like them to I just wish they both had the purple on them. And who would the peacocks breed with? Because i dont have any female peacocks. Yet :)

any mouth brooder can breed with any other mouth brooder. i almost had an egg layer (buffalo cichlid female) breed with a very determined mouth brooder (egyptian mouthbrooder). but no go, even though she was becoming receptive to his charm, one side of her belly was bigger than the other like it had lots of eggs and she chilled in his place alot.
but yes there may be lots of hybrids, or none, depends on who likes who lol! x

i kinda want to raise a few hybrids, just to see what happens. but u can never give them away to a lfs, hardly to another fishkeeper as they are not the pure breeds and can alter a whole species with a butterfly effect from a simple cross gene. i suppose its a bit possible lol, so hybrids are a personal experiment not a breed n sell.
any dramas in the tank?x

Maybe, but sadly I've been working in Louisiana since Friday morning and haven't been able to keep watch on them. I did I huge watch change before I left though, the fx5 makes it so easy. :) I'm with you about the hybrids. I think they could be cool.

I live in Oklahoma and one of the earthquakes moved my rocks somehow and killed one of my yellow labs. Poor little guy. :/ I thought I had my rocks stave enough but the 4.7 quake was enough to move it. Sad day

its bad that it has happened. are all the others ok?

and heres a random thought: i just remembered seeing this thread a loong time ago and how few comments it had... this is like a grandpa thread haha! x

Back
Top Bottom