First frags!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jimbo7

Aquarium Advice Addict
Picked up a few frags for my up and coming tank. Not really sure on the first two, third is some sort of yongei and the last the the essential pink birdsnest.
The first two are still coloring up, but pretty quickly. Any ID's for me?
Just put in an order for 7 more ORA SPS and 3 acans. I'm pretty excited.
Enjoy.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 94
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 75
haha thanks, i'm really excited for the first one, its getting a really nice metallic green with purple tips and then bright green circles in the very middle. The pic just doesnt do it justice.

checked out a new LFS. on sale for 9.99 a piece. Their original price was 29.99 a frag, his lowest priced section :shock: whats more shocking is i have seen him sell them at those prices at frag swaps.

Top two look like "torts" to me. I agree with the birdsnest. The other, maybe yongei but also resembles a bottle brush I had. Nice pickups for sure, I will be interested in seeing them in a few weeks after they have gotten happy and colored up.

In your mom's tank right now or the 90?

I no longer have any tanks. My parents took down my 90 and system (long story) but she still has her 90 up and a 29g biocube. I have taken over the 29 for the summer because it looked like crap after she moved it, and in return im keeping all my frags and whatnot in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a few more pickups, my mom got a new camera that i was testing out for her. Didnt get good pics of all the new stuff. Got a green and purple favia, blue rhodactis, orange and blue rhodactis, 3 heads of a tabling duncan, and a new SPS.

Pics of some new stuff, and some updated ones. More to come.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 73
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 90
Yea, I wasn't sure if dragon soul was a particular lineage or not. I had heard them called that before though.

Yeap, Dragon Soul alright. The look really nice under blue lighting! As they grow, the edge is neon green colored. Such a pretty little thing...I cant wait for it to grow out. My frag has three heads. They dont look to be fast growing corals at all. :(

Matt

Funny...I believe that particular favia has had a number of different names. Very nice though. When I got a piece of it I think it was called War coral.

Funny...I believe that particular favia has had a number of different names. Very nice though. When I got a piece of it I think it was called War coral.

Thats also funny! I have a war coral and it looks totally different. I have seen Dragon soul called green and purple prism favia. I think alot of times the names are just what sellers add to get you excited!

Never the less, both war and dragon are neat looking!
Matt

Very nice frags Jimbo. I would have to agree with Ziggy from the first page the first 2-look like torts and I don't think the 3rd is a Yongie. Great looking Favia, I was actually looking at getting one of those today....same color. The "dragon soul" does have lineage from www.reeffarmers.com then click on Limited Edition and then favia and you will find it. With that said, they all started from the ocean so. I have heard it called prism favia too.

Thats also funny! I have a war coral and it looks totally different. I have seen Dragon soul called green and purple prism favia. I think alot of times the names are just what sellers add to get you excited!

Never the less, both war and dragon are neat looking!
Matt

Is your war coral favia red with green eyes?

Very nice frags Jimbo. I would have to agree with Ziggy from the first page the first 2-look like torts and I don't think the 3rd is a Yongie. Great looking Favia, I was actually looking at getting one of those today....same color. The "dragon soul" does have lineage from www.reeffarmers.com then click on Limited Edition and then favia and you will find it. With that said, they all started from the ocean so. I have heard it called prism favia too.

Yea you would want to buy it right when i did. ;)

You guys really don't think its a yongei? This looks dead on to me.
Reef Stuff - Corals by Soutas Saltwater - Acropora - Bright Yellow / Green Yongei (Acropora Yongei)

I always thought war coral had like splotches of colors like scolys, but in favia form.

What kind of "duncan" is "3 heads of a tabling duncan,"?

It's pretty standard look and coloration, but instead of branching into like a tree and getting all big and poofy, they table out and become more of a bush. I had no idea they existed, and it might have just been how his one colony grew out, but he had a huge piece that looked awesome. I know my brother (pat8you) had a duncan and it grew like crazy, but it just kept sprouting heads off the same main trunk, never really out. I'll get some pictures up later probably.

Back
Top Bottom