First Mbuna tank updated!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Colwell

Aquarium Advice Activist
This is my first Mbuna tank previously post a photo of my set up and had many responses saying I needed a little more rock work in the front. It has a home made rock/cave wall with 26 caves for them to hide in. Minus the slate save I made all the other rocks are new. Let me know what you think all questions or conserns are always welcome!

Colwell said:
This is my first Mbuna tank previously post a photo of my set up and had many responses saying I needed a little more rock work in the front. It has a home made rock/cave wall with 26 caves for them to hide in. Minus the slate save I made all the other rocks are new. Let me know what you think all questions or conserns are always welcome!

image-1241664198.jpg

Here is the Mbuna set up should be getting the fish lasts today or tmr

That looks great. Good luck with your fish. Let us know what you end up with

Fish are all in the tank now I got all small juveniles so there is no way of sexing them yet. I have a mix of black acei, kenyi, auratus, bumble bee, yellow labs and sunshine peacocks. Please post any question comments or concerns!

Attachments

• image-4175503970.jpg
    image-4175503970.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 124
Hard to get good pics but I did what I could for now

Attachments

• image-3117311429.jpg
    image-3117311429.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 123
  • image-618642569.jpg
    image-618642569.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 111
  • image-822159103.jpg
    image-822159103.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 108
Crawdaddy said:
I love that flat rock, what is it?

I bought larger pieces of slate then just tossed them on the ground lol. I siliconed them together, the background and the slate cave are both firsts

Your setup looks really good. The mbuna will feel right at home. Some of the fish you have got have an agressive temprament so it should be a tank with lots of action.

Peacocks may or may not stand up to the level of aggression (territorial) that some mbuna display. Peacocks can be aggressive too, but usually it is competition for females that drive it. Just be prepared for it and you might have to move the peacocks out in the future.

Thanks for the feed back and yes I am aware there may be problems down the road maybe even with the bumble bees I have too. We will see how they grow up and there personalities grow too. The plan is/was to over stalk the tank and introduce them together as juveniles so there is a less chance of having to remove them later

Colwell said:
Thanks for the feed back and yes I am aware there may be problems down the road maybe even with the bumble bees I have too. We will see how they grow up and there personalities grow too. The plan is/was to over stalk the tank and introduce them together as juveniles so there is a less chance of having to remove them later

That really isn't the right way to go about it. The key is to try to not over stock and have a good mix. Sometimes over stocking and being under stocked doesn't work. I've seen 1 mature fish kill one after another in a mixed stock aggressiveness tank. Good luck I hope it doesn't come to that. ;)

Back
Top Bottom