First SW Tank: Nano 24g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HairlessPotter said:
Well tomorrow I'm going to finish figuring everything out then go get test kit, refractometer, more live rock, and possibly a clean up crew but idk.

Dont get an entire cuc. I personally wouldnt even get some tomorrow.

Looking good so far. And have patience w the salt water. I'd just get the supplies you need give it a few days and test the levels, do a pwc and at that point start getting your cuc

How many power heads do you have? I have my temp consistently around 76. When u do top offs make sure u are using ro/di water and are not adding salt to the mix. When water evaporates it still leaves the salt in the tak

mdavidson said:
How many power heads do you have? I have my temp consistently around 76. When u do top offs make sure u are using ro/di water and are not adding salt to the mix. When water evaporates it still leaves the salt in the tak

I have one little one then just the pump that's built in. I was thinking put the built in pump on the right back having it face more up to cause surface agitation then the other one on the left blowing downish towards the rocks. Is that ok? If you get what i mean ha

So plan for the day is get test kit, live rock and set it up (probably gonna take forever), and refractometer then just make sure everything is how I want it.

HairlessPotter said:
I have one little one then just the pump that's built in. I was thinking put the built in pump on the right back having it face more up to cause surface agitation then the other one on the left blowing downish towards the rocks. Is that ok? If you get what i mean ha

Im not too familiar with the layout of the jbj lay out. With my biocube the internal pump outflow is upper back left. I put the powerhead on the right just below water lever pointing towards my live rock

mdavidson said:
Im not too familiar with the layout of the jbj lay out. With my biocube the internal pump outflow is upper back left. I put the powerhead on the right just below water lever pointing towards my live rock

Outflow is top right. So I'm thinking outflow is pointing up kinda pointed at the middle. Then other one on the left top pointing towards rocks. Sound good?

Rock work. You can see a lot more caves/holes in person

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111123_151523.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111123_151523.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 90
  • ForumRunner_20111123_151536.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111123_151536.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 89
  • ForumRunner_20111123_151555.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111123_151555.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 84
So I bought a test kit and when I opened it there was crap all over the bottles. When I did ammonia, right when I put the second drops in it turned all cloudy and weird. If this normal? Did I get a bad kit?

So I just got a refractometer and the salt is way high, like 1.035. Should I just do a water change but add ro water? What should I get the salinity to?

Also I have some aquavitro alpha conditioner. On directions it says use included pipette but I don't have it. Anybody know how much I should use?

Since it looks like you have a little way to go on your cycle you can change your SG without to much of a problem it might make the cycle last a little longer but in the long run it will be better for your tank.

Back
Top Bottom