First time doing an aquascape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is your filtration system? You should have enough flow to move debris towards the intake. Leaving a bit for you to vacuum during maintenance. Another thought is that you have mineral precipitation. I had it when I first added my big rock to my tank. Tan dusty stuff for about 3 months.
I'm actually thinking it is my driftwood that is...almost mulching..? If that's a thing. I bought it from an aquarium store so it is hard wood. But every time I touch it, tons of crap comes flying off into the water colum.

I have 2 fluval C4 HOB filters. They are rated for 70g tanks so I have quite a bit of flow.

You might want to try removing it, doing a big water change, and see if there is an improvement.

+1

You can also scrub the wood with a toothbrush, get it as clean as possible, and put it back in the tank. Others boil their driftwood to clean it, so you could try that as well. Do water changes to get rid of excess organics, and put activated carbon in your filter for a few days to get rid of tannins if you have them.

Back
Top Bottom