Fish are fighting, suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreamwallaby

Aquarium Advice Activist
In my 9 gallon I have 4 endlers hybrids. One looks like a guppy while 3 actually look like endlers. The guppy looking one is constantly being chased by the others. No females, all males. The endler looking ones display and dance for each other but they def. focus negatively on the guppy one. Nobody had any fin damage so I think it's all display but still. Do I add more guppy looking ones to ease the pressure? Do I let it go because nobody is actually gettin hurt physically?

the center piece is a drift wood filled with holes and caves. I also have 2 small rocks leaning on the wood to make more caves. Then I have plants too. I feel like he could get away, but he'd rather stay out.

the center piece is a drift wood filled with holes and caves. I also have 2 small rocks leaning on the wood to make more caves. Then I have plants too. I feel like he could get away, but he'd rather stay out.

I think the problem is that you have no females the males naturally want to breed and will constantly pester whatever fish they can if they have no females i had the same problem until i added enough females the males left each other alone. Rule is 2 females to every male that keeps the males busy and that way the males don't exhaust the females.

That is pretty typical behavior in an all male tank. As long as there is no actual physical damage being done I would leave them alone.

I think I found my answer. I added 2 more odd ball endler males so now it's 3 on 3. they are still displaying but no longer chasing and the attention is spread out so the single odd ball is not being singled out. The tank looks a lot less frantic now and I have more color in the tank :)

They are so calm in fact that I was able to take pics with my phone that weren't completely blurry

Attachments

• image-2927631085.jpg
    image-2927631085.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 75
  • image-2778450694.jpg
    image-2778450694.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 68
  • image-3667382972.jpg
    image-3667382972.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 57
Back
Top Bottom